The Pioneers in Skirts Global Impact Movie Relay initiative supports programs that lead to a gender equal world. Qualified activists are awarded special Watch Party events to help them boost their programs that elevate women & girls and address gender equality issues.
- Deadline to Apply: we are currently offering a rolling open application process
- Approved applicants:
- Will be an organization that is a nonprofit, NGO or activist group
- Will be chosen based upon:
- the need for change in their communities,
- how well the Watch Party can help boost their programs that elevate women & girls and address gender equality issues,
- the inspiring work they do in their communities,
- the spirit with which they bring people together to solve problems.
- Must agree to using the film as a tool to:
- directly benefit the programs their organization services, and
- elevate women & girls and/or
- address gender equality issues, and/or
- address issues within underserved communities, and
- create a safe space where people can express what they need in their life.
- Must have a mission that fits within this focus area:
The producers of Pioneers in Skirts support programs that work to achieve gender equality and advocate for ALL women and girls, regardless of their nationality, ethnicity, age, sexuality, or any other status.
- Must sign a Relay Event Award Agreement at least one month prior to the event.
- Will receive:
- 1 complimentary online audience movie Watch Party via Zoom with at least one filmmaker in attendance, OR
- 1 complimentary in-person audience movie Watch Party with a filmmaker attending via Zoom. In-person awardees must also sign a Public Performance Rights (PPR) License prior to screening the film.
Organizations applying must meet one of the following criteria:
- An organization holding a current tax-exempt status (under Section 501(c)(3) in the U.S.), or
- A recognized NGO or activist organization that are requesting a movie screening exclusively for public purposes, or
- A church or other faith-based organization with a proposed project that benefits the community at large.
All applicants must complete: the official Pioneers in Skirts “Host a Screening” Global Impact Movie Relay application.
For your convenience and reference, the short essay questions in the application are:
- Have you ever hosted an impact event with a film (or other Art form) like this in the past? If so, please tell us about it.
- How would your proposed Pioneers in Skirts movie screening event directly benefit the programs your organization services?
- How will you use the movie screening to help fast-track a GENDER-EQUITABLE PANDEMIC RECOVERY?
- How do you plan to promote your event?
- What kind of support do you need in planning and promoting your event?
- Pioneers doesn’t have the illusion that immediate success will happen as a result of your impact movie screening. However, what ideas do you have for measuring the success of this event/activation efforts?
- Organizations may propose initiatives with time-frames that extend into late 2022.
- Screenings provided by Pioneers in Skirts cannot be used to provide services for compensation or any other type of funding.
Please note the vast majority of approvals will be program-event focused.
- Proposals must be completed in full and submitted online to be considered.
- There is no guarantee of being awarded a free movie screening.
- Guidelines, submission deadlines and notification dates may be adjusted without prior notice.
- The Pioneers in Skirts Global Impact Movie Relay initiative welcomes collaboration between organizations but only one organization can submit the application.
All Global Impact Movie Relay applications are subject to review of the organization’s reputation and activities and its agreement to comply with applicable terms and conditions.